Friday, June 5, 2015

Hakuna Matata!

Hey Peaches! Hope you've all been good while I've been gone! It was a bit of a hectic month for me. I guess if you were able to figure out my Instagram name ( paz.julie ), then you've seen that I've been down south. This time it wasn't going to SoCal (Southern California) but right below the equator. If you went on my Instagram profile, you probably saw that I was in Kenya, Mocambique and Mauritius! It was just really cool and awesome to visit these countries. I wish I had more time, but unfortunately since it was a working trip I couldn't spend more time. Regardless, I thought you Peaches might be interested in seeing these countries through my lens. Since I did over a 500 photos from these 3 countries, I thought it would be best to divide it. 
This post is about the first stop in Kenya. Since I only had about 24 hours, I went on a safari instead of visiting the concrete jungle of Nairobi. We got to stay at the Ole Sereni which is placed right by the Nairobi National Park. Since winter has already begun south of the equator, it wasn't so boiling hot. Actually it was quite pleasant, since it was slightly muggy, with sun and a cool breeze. So if that's what a winter is like, then give it to me any time! 
The animals we saw were mostly gazelles, antelopes, water buffalos, one rhino, some hippos in the watering hole and then the majestically beautiful family of giraffes. Lions usually come out in the morning, whereas the leopards just at night, sleeping their way through the day - so we didn't get to see them. All in all, it was a really fun experience. Our guide was really nice and always on the lookout to point out to the animals. I have to say, I would not mind having this as a summer job in such an office :)
"_"
Cau Broskvicky! Doufám, že jste se měli dobře co já jsem byla pryč! Bylo to docela hektický měsíc pro mě. Myslim si, že pokud jste viděli moje Instagramový profil ( paz.julie ), tak jste viděli, že jsem byla na jihu. Tentokrat to nebylo SoCal (slang pro jižní část Kalifornie), ale ještě níž - přímo pod rovníkem. Takže pokud jste byli na mém profilu, tak jste viděli, že jsem byla v Keňi, Mozambiku a na Mauricius! Bylo to super a vlice zajímavý vidět tyto země. Škoda, že jsem neměla více času na tyto země, ale protože to bylo pracovní, tak se to muselo zkrátit. Nicméně, myslela jsem si, že by vám Broskvičky mohlo zajímat jak vypadá Afrika skrz mého foťáka. No a protože jsem nafotila více než 500 fotek, tak jsem se rozhodla, že bude nejlepší pokud to rozdělim. 
Tento post je o první zastávce, která byla v Keňi. Protože jsem měla zhruba jenom 24 hodin, radši jsem byla na safari, než betonová džungli v Nairobi. Zůstali jsme v Ole Sereni, což je krásný hotel umístěny mezi letiště a Národní Park Nairobi. Jelikož už začala zima jižně od rovníku, nebylo takový vedro. Ve skutečnosti bylo opravdu příjemně i kdzž bylo trochu dusno, ale svítilo sluníčko a foukal lehký vánek. Takže takovou ziu bych mohla kdykkoliv!
Zvířata, které jsme viděli většinou byli gazeli, antilopi, vodní buvoli, jednoho nosorožce, pár hrochu v brodišti a pak majestátnou a krásnou rodinužiraf. Lvi jsme neviděli, protože vycházejí většinou jenom ráno a leopardi jenom v noci, protože přes den spí. Ve shrnutí to bylo krásny a zajímavý zážitek. Náš průvodce byl velice příjemný a vždy ve střehu, aby nám ukázal zvířata. Musím říct, že by mě nevadilo mít takovou letní brigádu v takové kanceláři :)



Enjoy the 'safari'!




 The 'African Buffalo' has very few predators, mainly just humans and lions. Besides humans being able to hunt it down with weapons, lions will hunt down these unpredictable animals in packs. It usually takes more than a few lions to take down just one buffalo!

Buvol Africký má málo počet predátorů, převážně to jsou lidé a lvi. Kromě lidu, které je umí lovit pomocí zbraně, lvi loví tito nevzpočitatelný zvířata ve smečkách. Většinou je potřeba více než pár lvů, aby zabili jednoho buvola!



Maasai giraffe




Grey Crowned Crane - Jeřáb Královský



Where's my wifi?



Grant's Gazelles or Thomson's Gazelles?


I took all my photos with my iPhone 6+ which is a really great camera. Just the zoom needs a little help with binoculars ... 


Kilimanjaro from the plane... If you want to see it up close, you have to work your way towards Tanzania, where the highest free standing mountain stands at 5,895 meters and located south of Kenya. 


I made the video on my iPhone and shot the scenes through binoculars, so.. sorry for the shakiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment